HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Photo is not Cybil Shepherd....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NOMARTIANS

PostPhoto is not Cybil Shepherd....

Hi everyone!
So happy to see that the site has continued. I get to relive my youth here, ! I could NEVER have imagined anything like this when I was a teenager in the late 60's, being able to see, once again, all the great photos and models who had such an influence on me. Thank you models!
Anyhoo, the 1969 Helena Rubenstein photo in Cybil's album, the blonde in the black dress, is NOT Cybil. I have been meaning to post about this for months, as I have a photo of this model on the cover of TEEN magazine from the late 60's, but no mention is made of her name anywhere in the issue. I will try to post it at some point, but my scanner is not working properly. You will be able to see the resemblance between her and Cybil...
But fortunately, when I was looking through Cybil's album today, I found a photo of Cybil actually posing WITH this model! It is the photo labeled Sears 1970.
So, can anyone ID this model? I would love to know her name; this has been bothering me for YEARS!
HOLLY

Last edited by Admin on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Photo is not Cybil Shepherd.... :: Comments

Re: Photo is not Cybil Shepherd....
Post on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 pm by MMM60s-LM
So glad to see you back Holly! Thank you so much for pointing that out. Maybe someone can tell us who she is. It s important to keep the site historically accurate.

Not Cybill...who is this?

Here she is with Cybill

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:36 pm by MMM60s-SC
Hi Holly,

Here's the 1970 Sears ad that your referred to. Their noses are a little different, aren't they? You have a good eye! I hope someone can answer your 40-year-old question. *~Susan~*

[img][/img]
Unidentified Model and Cybill Shepherd
Post on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 am by joanmtv
good morning.....where is model history?....I'm sure he would know....it is a young lady named Carol.....her last name escapes me ....I have thought about her often as I know she is missing from our list.....she was my contemporary as we would go on many of the same go sees.....all I know is she was from Texas and married and she and her husband were involved with horses and during certain times of the year would go off to horse shows around the U.S..........so modeling was just a supplementary income for them......if I only had my old Ford headsheet.....who would have ever thought it would come in handy like that.....have a nice day....Joanmtv
Post on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:12 am by NOMARTIANS
Hi Linda, Susan, and Joan,

Thanks for the welcome back, Linda! I check the website on a regular basis, but don't post much. I LOVE to read the model's stories, and some of the photos bring back such memories. The photo of Dolores with the Revlon "Blush-On" takes me right back to 7th grade; I REMEMBER that ad and that I just HAD to have the blush! Yes, I did get it and it made me feel so glamorous and grown-up!
Thanks Susan, (and Linda) for posting the photos and Cybil and the "Mystery Model".
And Joan, thanks for at least a partial name! This has gotten me to thinking about one of Eileen Ford's books about modeling (the photos from the book used to be posted on the old website, and I have a copy of the book somewhere in my house), one from the late 60's, which had tons of photos and bio's of everyone from Suzy Parker to Terry Reno. I do remember there was one blonde model listed and there was a photo of her on a horse. But I don't think it was this model.....The only other thing I can think of is the Life Magazine from the early 70's, again regarding Eileen Ford and her search for the "world's most beautiful girls", and there was a tiny black and white photo of 2 Ford models (I think this article was also on the old website), one was the model Irja (?) and the other also had a very Scandanavian (did I spell that correctly? LOL!) name, and to me it looked alot like this model. (I also have this magazine somewhere around here, I must look for it!)
Also, I think it may have been Ingenue, not Teen, from the late 60's, where she was on the cover. (And yes, I have this magazine also, but you guessed it! It is somewhere around here, waiting to be found.)
Joan, I just had to tell you, I remember so well that Seventeen article about you, and how you wanted to be a model. I remember it said you didn't like your profile, and I thought you were crazy, you had a BEAUTIFUL profile! I was envious you were tall enough to model, as I wanted to be a model also, but never grew past 5'5". (Although looking back, some of the teen models in the 60's were about that height. At least in California. Dang! I coulda, shoulda, woulda....*sigh*)
Anyway, wishing everyone the best.
HOLLY
Post on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 pm by MMM60s-SC
Surprise, surprise! I was going through a knitting booklet from 1968 (Teach Yourself to Knit the Easy Way #770 by Columbia-Minerva), when who should I see but our Mystery Model Carol! I don't know the name of the brunette model either. Maybe these two photos will help someone ID her. And yes, when I first saw her I thought she was Cybill Shepherd :

[img][/img]
Page 24

[img][/img]
Page 25
Post on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:39 pm by MMM60s-SC
Hi HOLLY,

Here's the cover of the November 13, 1970, Life Magazine that you were referring to. The models are Irja Eckerbrant and Pia Buggert:

[img][/img]

And here's the cover of my copy of Eileen Ford's Book of Model Beauty. It was published in 1968 by Trident Press. There are 45 one-page "Model Profiles" that you'll find in the albums. I bought this book used from Amazon for $2.50 plus $3.99 shipping. The dust jacket has a small tear, but everything else is in great condition. It's a fun 1960s modeling reference book to own without spending a lot of money:

[img][/img]
Post on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:33 pm by NOMARTIANS
Hi Susan,

Yes, I own both of those also. The photo in the Life magazine is a really small one of 2 models (one is Irja, I think), black and white,(NOT the models, the photo, LOL) of them talking to Eileen, and I swear the very blonde one looks like this mystery model. If you have this magazine available could you take a look and let me know your opinion? I will try to locate my copy.

Have a good weekend,
HOLLY
Post on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:04 am by MMM60s-SC
Hi HOLLY,

Unfortunately, I don't have that Life Magazine. I thought posting the cover might jog the memory of a member who does own it, and they'd look for the picture you described. With any luck, we'll know Carol's last name soon!

Have a good weekend, too,
*~Susan~*
Post on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:45 am by MMM60s-SC
Hi HOLLY,

I finally bought my own copy of the November 13, 1970 Life Magazine with The Godmother article. Yesterday I uploaded the article to the site (see Editors' Updates). I remembered your 40-year search to find the name of the Cybill Shepherd Look-Alike Mystery Model. As you can see, she is NOT one of the models pictured with Eileen Ford.

However, I did spot her model composite card in the upper right corner of the first page of the article. It's the same photo that was used in the 1969 Helena Rubinstein ad that first started the confusion. Unfortunately, her name is covered up. But now we know for sure that she was a Ford model!

Model History, can you solve this 40-year-old mystery for us?

*~Susan Camp~*
Post on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:47 am by modelhistory09
easy, CAROL EASTMAN !
NEW Carol Eastman Headsheet Album
Post on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 am by MMM60s-SC
Thank you so much, Model History, for the quick identification that stumped the rest of us for 40 years!

Thank you, too, for creating Carol Eastman's Headsheet Album and posting her model composite:

I added the photos in this discussion plus a 1969 Revlon ad with Steve Markham that can also be found in the Ad Campaigns Album: Revlon:

Hopefully, we'll find more photos of Carol to post very soon!

*~Susan Camp~*
Carol Eastman
Post on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 pm by Johnna
Hi, Looking for a family friend Carol Eastman ? Thanks Johnna
Post  by Sponsored content

Photo is not Cybil Shepherd....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The SUPERMODEL HALL OF FAME  :: SIXTIES/SEVENTIES SUPER MODELS-
Jump to: