Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Wind Song Men 1959-1973 Still On Our Minds...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMM60s-SC

PostWind Song Men 1959-1973 Still On Our Minds...

Wind Song perfume was created by Prince Matchabelli in 1952. The print ads showed a man dreaming of a girl whose Wind Song stayed on his mind. These ads were very unique because although they were for a women's perfume, they only featured images of men. In fact, it is believed that this was the first ad campaign in the perfume industry to do so.

In 1964, Seventeen magazine even sponsored a contest for readers to send in photos of their own special Wind Song Men. The winner would be featured in his own Wind Song ad:

This very successful ad campaign continued through the 1990s. Here are more of our favorite Wind Song Men from 1959-1973:

In the 1960s, this ad campaign debuted as television commercials with the catchy tune, I can't seem to forget you, your Wind Song stays on my mind. Here's one from the 1970s:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What are the names of these dreamy male models? We all enjoyed their ads, and I would like to give them credit in the 60s Ad Campaigns Album: Fragrance Album:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A very special thank you to TERRY RENO for suggesting this Wind Song blog!

June 1965 Seventeen Magazine

Susan Camp
Senior Editor & Archivist
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Wind Song Men 1959-1973 Still On Our Minds... :: Comments

No Comment.

Wind Song Men 1959-1973 Still On Our Minds...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The SUPERMODEL HALL OF FAME  :: SIXTIES/SEVENTIES SUPER MODELS-
Jump to: