HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  

Share | 

Who Are These Two Beautiful Women?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BeautySearcher

PostWho Are These Two Beautiful Women?

Friends,

Please see adjacent to this text two photos of one model and one photo of a second model. The photos are from magazines circa 1970-72. The woman wearing the gown and holding a cigarette appeared in an ad for Kool Cigarettes. The woman wearing the open collar shirt appeared in, I believe, a Clairol ad for a tote bag.

Can any of you please tell me the names of these women?

Thanks!
BeautySearcher
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Who Are These Two Beautiful Women? :: Comments

Re: Who Are These Two Beautiful Women?
Post on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:33 pm by Barry4Beauty
The smiling model in the first photo is Ann Turkel.
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 am by BeautySearcher
Hello Barry,

And thanks for confirming my hope that the first photo depicted Ann! She's one of my favorites for what I see as her natural, healthy, happy style.

ANYBODY PLEASE!

The shape of the nose, mouth, and hands of the model in the righthand photo wearing the high-waisted aqua gown seem very distinctive. Does anyone have even a guess who she is?

Thanks!
Beauty Searcher
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:37 pm by MMM60s-LM
I can't figure out who the second beauty is. I hope someone can. Sorry about part 2 of your excellent article. There are some technical problems with posting pictures on my end...but i will get them up there.
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:11 pm by BeautySearcher
Hello Linda,

Looking at the shape of her nose, mouth, and hands, it seems to me that the woman in the aqua gown could be my favorite, Pat McGuire. I didn't want to say that at the outset lest I skew peoples' judgement--I was looking for independent confirmation of my opinion.

What do you--or anyone else--think about it being Pat?

Thanks for your determined effort to post my article! Let me know if I can do anything to help, such as by re-sending the photos in a different format.

Thanks!
Beauty Searcher
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 pm by MMM60s-LM
You could be right, although Pat had red hair. Unfortunately, since we have moved our best model identifier, Model History, has not been showing up much. I hope he will see this and tell us.
Post on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:57 am by BeautySearcher
Hmmm, on Pat's headsheet, it says that she is a blonde. And in some of her positively indentified photos, she seems to be a dark blonde. Apparent hair color, is, I think, something that can vary considerably depending on lighting conditions, the type of film in the camera, the vagaries of printing mass copies of photos on printing presses where ink freshness can vary, etc.

We'll figure it out "some day," en shah Allah.

Who Are These Two Beautiful Women?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion :: SIXTIES/SEVENTIES SUPER MODELS-
Jump to: