Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeHome  Log in  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  

Share | 

Yardley Ads with Olivia Hussey "Juliet"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMM60s-SC

PostSubject: Yardley Ads with Olivia Hussey "Juliet"   Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:20 pm

I always thought the Yardley ads featuring Olivia Hussey were so beautiful. This ad campaign was tied in with the 1968 Franco Zeffirelli film Romeo and Juliet in which Olivia played Juliet. There are currently three of these ads in the Ads Campaign Album: Yardley. I hope to find more!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
December 1968 Seventeen magazine

June 1969 Seventeen magazine

August 1969 Seventeen magazine

Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting ("Romeo") also posed for a fashion layout in a 1968 Seventeen magazine. I don't know the month of the issue.

*~Susan Camp~*
Back to top Go down
julieinwa

PostSubject: Re: Yardley Ads with Olivia Hussey "Juliet"   Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Susan, Wonderful pictures. I believe it was the Sept. issue of Seventeen. Colleen Corby is on the cover wearing a beautiful silver dress. The text on the front says: "A Film Festival of Fashion". I hope I'm right and am not steering you too wrong. I was a senior in highschool and attended an all girls' school. This film was deemed appropriate for young Catholic girls. Sister Anne took our class a beauiful theater in downtown Seattle. You never heard such complete sobbing as at the end of this film. We were devastated. Ah, Young tragic love. All the Yardley ads from that era bring back such wonderful memories, but Juliet, boy you couldn't get more romantic than that.
Thanks again for more great pictures. Julie
Back to top Go down
flowerchild

PostSubject: Re: Yardley Ads with Olivia Hussey "Juliet"   Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 pm

I think I may have that issue in my collection, or it is on my "want list". I do have another issue with a gorgeous closeup of Olivia and Leonard. It is the January 68 one. If you don't have it, I can scan it and send it to you.
Back to top Go down
MMM60s-LM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yardley Ads with Olivia Hussey "Juliet"   Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:57 pm

We would love to have that...Flowerchild.

Yardley Ads with Olivia Hussey "Juliet"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion :: SPECIAL FEATURES - Fashion History :: Movie Stars and Models - Click Here-
Jump to: