Current date/time is Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:40 pm
An Important Legacy EVER EVOLVING HISTORY
"A WALK THROUGH FASHION HISTORY WITH THOSE WHO LIVEDIT" © 2014
Oral History Initiative - Multi-Media - Project
Starring FASHION AND BEAUTY ICONS.
DOCUMENTARY / TALK SHOW FORMAT
The History of Modeling
The History of Hairdressing
The History of Make-Up and Cosmetics
The History of Couture and Pret a Porter
The History of Fashion and Beauty Photography
The History of Fashion and Beauty Magazines
ALL FEATURED GUESTS ARE ROLE MODELS, ENGAGED IN GIVING BACK,HELPING OTHERS, EDUCATION, WOMEN'S CAUSES, ANIMAL RIGHTS, EQUAL RIGHTS, CHILDREN’S RIGHTS, HELPING THE HOMELESS AND MANY OTHER CHARITIES.
- Oral history is the systematic collection of living people’s testimony about their own experiences. Historians have finally recognized that the memories of everyday people, not just the rich and famous, have historical significance. This projects presents fascinating stories in an attractive talk show setting with Celebrity Hosts and exciting Narrators (Interviewees/Special Guests)
- Memories, such as these, shared by our Model History members, have great importance to society and to the history of art and design. If we do not collect and preserve those memories, those stories, then one day they will disappear forever and younger generations will just have to guess the truth.
- In this Oral History dozens of Fashion and Beauty Icons of the Fifties, Sixties, Seventies, and Eighties share their eyewitness accounts of working at the top during the innovative mid-Twentieth Century, revealing the treasures of their exceptional experiences from unique insider perspectives.
- In addition to recording the detailed perspectives of the models, photographers, creative artists etc., these interviews typically get at "the story underneath the story," the intricacies of decision-making, the personal rivalries and alliances within the creative teams.
FASHION AND BEAUTY ICONS OF THE 1980s
FASHION AND BEAUTY ICONS OF THE 1990s
WHO IS TELLING THE STORIES?
- A revolving cast of fashionable Models, Photographers, Archivists, Beauty Artists, Editors, Agents, Authors, and Art Directors narrates the production, shot in a talk show format, with documentary aspects and multimedia displays, including the music of the eras.
- Each episode highlights a different aspect of the History of Fashion and Beauty, which is reflected in the fashionable sets. Historical events, current music, and other relevant topics are touched upon, as fascinating Narrators bring the history of Fashion and Beauty to life.
- Last Posts
- 19 Topics
- 27 Posts
- Eileen & Daughter Jamie Ford ~ Teenage Memories 1960s
Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:40 am
- 17 Topics
- 38 Posts
- Vintage Fashion -Oleg Cassini: Designer to First Lady Jackie...
Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 pm
- 16 Topics
- 35 Posts
- Model History ~ The Cover Girl Look 1961 Beauty Ads
Mon May 20, 2013 9:24 am
- Stories and Pictures about the 70s and 80s Models. With all due respect, this websites collections of images and stories ends in the mid-seventies. There are numerous websites and Facebook pages featuring the lovely models of 1975 - the present.
- 7 Topics
- 13 Posts
Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 am
This forum has been in existance since 2006. Since then most of the older members have migrated to Facebook for photos, stories and pictures of the models and to the Wordpress and Blogger Blogs which are more modern. Many features which are buried in these archives are highlighted. However this forum is worth exploring for the thousands of rare pictures and stories of Model History. USE THE SEARCH BOX FOR SPECIFIC MODELS AND YEARS.
- 53 Topics
- 171 Posts
Mon May 20, 2013 9:21 am
- New posts
- No new posts
- Forum is locked